JWQ Showcase 2017

Wednesday, April 19, 2017

USA: Patrick Lester-Rourke-Identity(2017)

The idea for IDENTITY was sparked when I first listened to the famous Jazz-Fusion album ‘Bitches Brew’. Its unique combination of Miles Davis’ musical interests (at the time) make it a fascinating re-imagining of his musical identity. ‘Bitches Brew’ made me realise the possibilities presented in Fusion and Aleatoric music, leading me to compose this album.

With IDENTITY I chose to reconcile my love of World, Rock, Jazz, Folk and Contemporary Classical music into a single entity. The result is a distillation of all the influences I have garnered throughout my life. And for the first time, I can say that the music on this album is truly representative of me.

The creation of IDENTITY has been a journey of self-discovery and a labor of love. I sincerely hope you enjoy listening to IDENTITY as much as I enjoyed making it.

With Love,
Patrick Lester-Rourke
The album was recorded in Stockholm, Sweden, in Small House Studio by Erik Lindeborg, was mixed by Swedish Grammy awarded producer Pål Svenre and mastered by Thomas Eberger at Stockholm Mastering.