Tuesday, March 25, 2014

JazzWorldQuest Proposals Section Update: Art Lillard / Musician/ bandleader

Art Lillard
Musician/ bandleader
Musician website: www.artlillard.com
My jazz ensembles range in size from trio to big band. I invite you to visit my Web site (www.artlillard.com) for sound clips and information about some of my groups. You can find video of some of the bands at
http://www.youtube.com/user/artlillard/videos

My largest ensemble, Art Lillard’s Heavenly Band, consists of nine horns, plus four to five rhythm section players and one to three vocalists. Our compact disc, on the Summit Records label, entitled “Reasons to be Thankful,” features all original music. However, the band’s book contains over 130 arrangements of both originals and standards.

We can provide live music for a swing dance, a concert, or a nightclub appearance. For performances at distant venues, I am more than willing to hire local musicians to perform the Heavenly Band’s music.

My swing sextet, Blue Heaven, consists of trumpet, trombone, tenor saxophone, guitar (or piano), bass, and drums. This band appeared nationally and internationally in several episodes of CBS Television’s soap opera, "Guiding Light."My On Time Band, which can perform as either a trio or a quartet, also has a cd on Summit called, “It’s Time.”