Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Jamie Ousley-A Sea of Voices (TIE Records 2012)

Jazz piano trio music featuring water-inspired compositions in a non-profit project to benefit the environment through Sunshine State Interfaith Power & Light.


I have often considered how I could "give back" with my talents and make a tangible difference in the world with my music. I decided to produce "A Sea of Voices," with water-inspired compositions, as a not-for-profit project to benefit the environment. I have also really enjoyed playing jazz concerts in churches over the past few years, a tradition introduced to me by Ira Sullivan. So, I began searching for an environmental group that I could benefit with my CD sales, which would allow me to perform more jazz concerts in churches as part of my touring. Thus, I found the Sunshine State Interfaith Power and Light organization, whose environmental mission is to mobilize faith communities in Florida to care for creation (www.sunshinestateipl.org). Here, I could combine the worlds of diverse faiths and jazz to benefit a common cause that we can all unite behind: care of our planet! cdbaby